EDI Case Study
EDI is an accredited Awarding Organisation and leading international education company with a wide range of products and services including vocational and professional qualifications both within the UK and internationally through LCCI. EDIhas a strong vocational offer with centres across private training providers and colleges of further education. Increasingly they are becoming involved with schools and 14-19 provision and provide a number of technology based solutions which operate on an administrative and full assessment level.
- EDI provides a number of technology based solutions which operate on an administrative and full assessment level.
- GOAL online assessment solution is used in schools to provide interactive and multiple choice online assessments.
- eNVQ is EDI’s web-based electronic portfolio system which allows employers, candidates, assessors and verifiers to load evidence into a multimedia portfolio which can be accessed and managed remotely at any time.
- The key focus for EDI in introducing e-assessment is improving the service to customers without disrupting what they already do.
- Accessibility is also an area of focus especially with the introduction of the new equality act in 2010. EDI has to meet the legislative requirements so that accessibility does not become an issue for e-assessment activities.
- As more schools consider the wider opportunities presented by Foundation Learning, Functional Skills and the specialised Diplomas, they are becoming more aware of the range of possibilities for personalising the curriculum. As an awarding body, EDI needs to respond by ensuring that e-assessment is built into its qualifications.
EDI: e-Assessment Case Study from Kenji Lamb on Vimeo.