Get funding to bring your assessment design ideas to life
This article has been republished with kind permission from NCFE
We’re dedicated to promoting and advancing learning – it’s our core purpose. This purpose drives our commitment to deliver world-class educational services that enable learners to achieve their potential. We also believe that great innovation needs great collaborators. That’s why we launched our Assessment Innovation Fund in 2021.
Pilot projects from the first successful applications are now in progress, with exciting findings that we can’t wait to share. Over the next 12 months, we’ll continue to invest in piloting new and innovative approaches to assessment. This includes testing out brand-new ideas and exploring the use of technology.
We want to support you in developing your ideas for better assessment that meets the needs of learners and educators today.
The current funding window opened on 22 August 2022. We’re offering up to £25,000 to fund pilots as part of our next phase. We want to hear from you if you think you can help develop new and innovative assessment solutions that meet the evolving needs of the education sector.
Window four closes at 9am, 3 October 2022.
What we’re looking for
We want to hear from you if you think you can help to transform assessment and provide solutions that:
- Deliver a transformational learning and assessment experience for all learners
- Consider meta and technical skills development to enable learners to develop agency
- Enable personalisation in assessment
- Develop an assessment system that is fair and inclusive by design and moves away from high stakes, stressful exams where appropriate to do so
- Provide balance and interplay of formative and summative assessment
- Implement technology to make assessment more readily available and fit for purpose
- Build a real-time picture of the impact of the learning
- Use data and technology in insightful and efficient ways to enable high-quality teaching, learning and assessment
- Use data more effectively to improve the level of perceived value of assessment processes, as a means of enabling choice and informing every stage of the learning journey.
Who can apply for funding?
We’d love to hear from:
- Training providers
- Qualification developers
- Awarding organisations
- Quality assurers
- Ed tech organisations
- Other organisations interested in changing the future of assessment.
We are particularly interested in hearing ideas that focus on the Pre-programme, Onboarding and Progression areas of the Learner Value Chain.
Speak to a member of our team by emailing us at [email protected].
For answers to common questions about the Assessment Innovation Fund, please read our FAQs document (.pdf).