A Review of the JISC Future of Assessment Report, with Matt Wingfield, Dr. Maren Deepwell, and Paula Goddard
Recorded just before COVID-19 started to shape our lives, eAA Chair, Matt Wingfield, sat down in conversation with Dr. Maren Deepwell, CEO, Association for Learning Technology, and Paula Goddard, Senior Assessor, and freelance assessment writer, to discuss the JISC report published in February.
The report can be found here
During the session, Matt, Maren, and Paula discussed the targets proposed by the report, and asked:
- Is this the right direction for assessment in further and higher education?
- Who or what will be driving this change?
- Is the technology ready for this?
- Have we considered the objectives and intentions of the assessment properly?
- Is it the fear of change that will ultimately stop these targets being achieved?
- Do staff have the skills and training to make this a reality?
- Is there an appetite for change?
- Do the risks of not acting outweigh the risks of change?
In addition to looking at the report, Matt, Paula, and Maren discuss the role that JISC plays in the sector and ask, what can JISC do to help support this?