Terms & Conditions Ticket Sales
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you place your booking for the 2023 International e-Assessment Conference and Awards. By purchasing a ticket via our website or official purchase order form you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them.
E-assessment.com and the 2023 International eAssessment Conference and Awards are both operated and managed by eAssessment Services Ltd. Registered in England & Wales 12084306.
eAssessment Services Ltd is the trading entity of the e-Assessment Association whose registered address is: Unit 109, Albert Mill, 10 Hulme Hall Road, Manchester, M15 4LY, United Kingdom.
In these Terms and Conditions the term “Delegate” means any person, firm or company who has purchased a ticket for the 2023 International e-Assessment Conference and Awards, or any Agent, Representative or Colleague of the Delegate making a purchase on their behalf. The terms “Conference” and/or “Dinner” are collectively the “Event”. The term “Organiser” refers to eAssessment Services Ltd, the trading entity of the eAssessment Association.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS shall be construed in accordance with English law and shall be deemed to include all other terms and conditions or rules and regulations issued from time to time by the Organiser in relation to the Event whether contained in the Organiser’s event information, sales literature or otherwise.
PURCHASE OF TICKETS
Delegate tickets must be purchased as directed on the Event website or via the official ticket purchase order form as supplied by the Organiser. The Organiser may accept applications by purchase order, in writing with an understanding that the Terms and Conditions contained herein fully apply.
Tickets must not be purchased from individuals or third-party organisations unless their identity as an agent for the Organiser can be verified. In such cases, these Terms and Conditions will apply. For the avoidance of doubt in the case of any conflict or ambiguity between these Terms and Conditions and those issued by a third-party these Terms and Conditions will prevail and apply. In addition, the Organiser cannot be held liable for any losses relating to tickets purchased from anywhere except from the Event website or via a ticket purchase order form in writing.
All Delegate tickets must be paid for in full at the time of purchase unless the purchase is being made via an official written purchase order, in which case full payment is due within 14 days from the invoice date.
For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, ticket purchases will not be considered as confirmed until full payment has been received by the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission to any Delegate for whom full payment has not been received.
CANCELLATION OF THE DELEGATE TICKET BY THE DELEGATE
In the event that the Delegate or their agent or representative wishes to cancel its booking after acceptance by the Organiser they should contact the Organiser in writing to notify them of their desire to cancel the booking. Such notifications should be sent by email to [email protected]
The Organiser may issue a refund of the amount paid as follows:
- Where notification is received by the Organiser more than 21 days before the event: The Organiser will issue a full refund to the person or organisation who made the payment minus a fifteen percent (15%) administration charge per ticket.
- Less than 21 days before the event: The Organiser will not issue a refund unless the ticket(s) can be re-sold. In the instance that the ticket(s) can be re-sold, the Organiser will issue a full refund to the person or organisation who made the original payment minus a fifteen percent (15%) administration charge per ticket.
- Delegate tickets are fully transferable by notifying the conference team of the e-Assessment Association by email to [email protected]. Please note that if such changes apply to Dinner tickets then no guarantee can be made that the venue will be able to change or support any special dietary requirements and that the dinner table plan will be amended.
- Tickets for the Dinner supplied as part of an Awards Sponsorship package are subject to the separate sponsorship packages terms and conditions.
REARRANGEMENT OR CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT BY THE ORGANISER
Should the Organiser find that it is not possible to hold the Event as planned (for whatever reason including a force majeure) then the Organiser will make all best endeavours to make alternative arrangements for the delivery of the Event but is in no way obligated to do so.
If by rearrangement or postponement of the period of the Event, or by substitution of an alternative venue or event delivery format or by means of any other reasonable thing, the Event can be carried through, then Delegate tickets will remain valid for the new arrangements and these Terms and Conditions will continue to apply in full. Under these circumstances, no refund of ticket costs will be issued except in exceptional circumstances and then only with the written agreement of the Organiser.
Should the Organiser find that it is necessary to abandon the Event completely (for whatever reason including a force majeure) then the Organiser will issue a full refund to the person or organisation who made the original Delegate ticket payment.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Organiser shall not be liable for any additional costs incurred by Delegates due to such changes in the Event arrangements, including changes to the dates, venue or delivery format or any other reasonable change. Further the Organiser accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property whilst attending the Event.
Delegates are strongly recommended to purchase their own travel insurance for the Event to cover any unrecoverable travel and accommodation costs in such circumstances, as well as loss or damage to personal property whilst visiting the Event.
EVENT OPENING HOURS AND CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION
Delegates will abide by the directions and opening hours as stated in the Organiser’s instructions and will not attempt to enter the Event venue prior to or after these opening hours.
Delegates must comply with the entry requirements and on-site conduct guidance as stipulated by the Organiser and/or the Event venue at all times. For the avoidance of doubt this includes any guidance or stipulation made at the sole discretion of the Organiser relating to personnel conduct whilst at the Event or Event venue in relation to social distancing, the wearing of face masks and/or other items of personal protective equipment (unless official proof of exception can be provided), and the production of valid vaccination certificates and/or evidence of a negative result for a stipulated government recognised viral test. Failure to comply with such guidance or stipulation may result in the Delegate being refused entry to the Event and/or Event venue and in such circumstances the Organiser shall be under no obligation to make any refund of costs relating to purchased Delegate tickets.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR DINNER TICKETS ONLY
These additional terms and conditions apply to the purchase of one or more tickets to the Dinner.
- The purchaser must provide the Organiser with the full name of the attending guest(s) at least two weeks prior to the date of the Dinner, along with any special dietary requirements. All dietary requirements information will be permanently deleted by the Organiser after the event.
- You will be allocated one Dinner place per ticket. You may purchase a maximum of nine tickets without any prior correspondence with the Organiser. There are no available discounts for multiple purchases of up to nine tickets.
- Any additional Dinner guests, following an initial booking, must also be registered to attend, subject to availability.
- The Dinner includes a three course meal, plus half bottle of wine per person as supplied by the venue. There will also be a cash bar.
- You will be responsible for the cost of the following:
- Travel and accommodation expenses
- Any additional items ordered by you at the venue or through the Organiser or other third-party organisations.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any Dinner guest non-attendance or additional costs incurred by Dinner guests due to transport strikes, adverse weather conditions, acts of God, terrorist attack, self-isolation requirements or personal health. Dinner tickets are transferable up until 5pm GMT on the day before the Dinner by notifying the Organiser via email to [email protected]. For clarity, the Organiser may be unable to amend names on seating plans and place cards and the venue may be unable to amend any changes to any special dietary requirements relating to such Dinner guest substitutions.
- Personal Property: The Organiser accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property whilst attending the Dinner.
- It is strongly recommended that Dinner guests purchase their own travel insurance for the Dinner to cover any unrecoverable travel and accommodation costs and personal property.
- Refunds relating to Dinner tickets shall be treated as per the cancellation and refund policy outlined within these Terms and Conditions for Event Delegate tickets.