Techno-Logic: Digital efficiency challenges – survey findings from centres
Our sponsor, City & Guilds, conducted a survey with 118 operational staff at independent training providers and workbased-learning units within FE Colleges, also referred to in this report as training provider organisations, to try to understand more about three key areas:
- The current issues faced by operational staff
- The extent to which existing digital support is helping to overcome some of those issues
- How that support is perceived by those who use it
When asked to indicate which challenges, if any, they faced on a day-to-day basis,
- 46% identified the pressure to make financial savings in the way teaching, learning and assessment is delivered
- 37% highlighted a lack of access to digital resources and e-tools
- 80% of those currently using e-portfolios said they give them greater visibility of student progress and
- 88% of those currently using e-learning said it makes training more accessible to students.
The research is intended to help training provider organisations develop effective digital strategies and to inform the development of City & Guilds’ Grow Your Business offer.