Week two of our virtual conference: Assessment and Practical Implementation
This week’s speakers have been involved in significant and large-scale implementations in assessment. The sessions will include examples of how international awarding organisations leverage the use of online assessment to provide relevant and valid testing on a global scale.
Presenters will examine how this impacts on regulation and strategy for a nation, approaches in HE and dealing with the ever-present realities of malpractice. Examples of secure delivery of assessments in challenging circumstances will be discussed and will demonstrate that technology is often not the issue in making change.
Tuesday 30th June 11am BST: Assessment on a Global Scale:
- Keynote: David Phillips, Managing Director, City & Guilds and ILM
- Paul Crump, Assessment Group Manager, Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing
- Paul Muir, Head of Computer Based Testing, British Council
Wednesday 1 July 2pm BST: Summative Assessment:
- Andy Lester, Senior Manager Strategic Policy, Ofqual
- Dr Peter Alston, Principal Lecturer in Learning and Teaching, BPP University
- Sir John Dunford, Chair, JCQ Independent Commission on Exam Malpractice
Thursday 2nd July 11am BST: Formative Assessment:
- Dan Sandhu, CEO, Sparx
- Andy Lewis, Field Research Manager, AlphaPlus Consultancy
- Aftab Hussain, ILT Manager, Bolton College