BETT UK: Excellence and Innovation in Formative Assessment. Two award-winning projects. A session chaired by eAA CEO Matt Wingfield
Taking place in BETT Academy Live
The International e-Assessment Awards showcase globally best practice and innovation in assessment, where technology has enabled transformation, improved outcomes and enhanced learning and teaching.
Meet two of the 2022 Award winners using formative assessment to the benefit of their pupils.
- Best Practitioner of the Year: Steve Dew, Headteacher, Church Cowley St James Primary School. Frustrated by a regime being suffocated by accountability where the joy and creativity of writing was being lost, Steve implemented Adaptive Comparative Judgement, liberating assessment, and improving outcomes.
- Best Formative Assessment Project: Shireland Collegiate Academy will share their use of the award-winning platform, Nurture, to support their formative assessment and feedback practices.
- Matt Wingfield, Chief Executive, The e-Assessment Association (Chairing the session)
- Steve Dew, Headteacher, Church Cowley St James Primary School, Oxford
- (Speaker TBC) Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust, West Midlands
- David Neville, Co-Founder & CEO, Nurture