Vacancy – Assessment Analyst
Who we are
BCS Learning & Development Ltd (BCS L&D) is a limited company owned by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
BCS Learning and Development Ltd are the leading IT qualification body, who offer a range of widely recognised professional qualifications, consultancy, tools and membership services.
BCS is committed to provide all organisations with high quality solutions for the professional development of their IT professionals. We continually develop our range of solutions and services, to ensure organisations are equipped to increase the capability of their IT teams and maintain competitive advantage.
The Assessment Analyst will play a key role in helping BCS to understand the performance of its exams and exam content as well as safeguarding the security of our exam assets by recognising patterns of concern.
They will assist in the analysis and presentation of performance information which will be used in order to further improve quality and identify potential issues which may arise, enabling feedback to examination supply chain stakeholders.
- Responsible for collecting and analysing numerical information for further presentation using diagrams, tables, charts, graphs, and reports.
- Facilitate statistical analysis of pass rates, relative item performance and trends over time, demographics and geographies.
- Create, maintain and action a schedule of exam maintenance working closely with Product Management and Product Development Team. Reporting on progress and escalating any concerns to Head of Assessment.
- Use the information to inform workshops for item writers and SMEs (Subject Matter Experts).
- Use the information to work with service delivery to update itembanks and then working with service delivery who will have responsibility for updating the exam papers.
- Use the information to feedback to product management and exam owners on issues raised. Work with product management and policy and compliance who will have responsibility to address concerns.
- Work with colleagues to recruit and manage item writers and run training programmes with suppliers on the chosen tools.
- Arrange and Support workshops that establish pass marks and review necessary changes to examinations.
Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director.
The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
- Graduate with a degree in a mathematical/statistics subject or equivalent
- Statistical analysis using tools such as WinSteps, Excel or SPSS
- A basic understanding of psychometrics would be advantageous
- Excellent analytical skills and expertise with statistical information.
- Advanced level user of Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel. Access proficiency is desirable but not essential.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Proactive at identifying problems with data and making recommendations for improvements
- Able to present results and findings to line management and staff
- Ability to communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Able to prioritise own time and workload, under minimum supervision and to tight deadlines
- Able to focus on internal customers, respond to their needs and obtain co-operation, especially to ensure they work within process
- Professional credible approach, customer focussed
- Good understanding of statistical techniques
Salary and benefits
Circa. £18,000 p.a.
Please email your CV with a covering letter by 26th June 2015, summarising how your experience relates to our requirements to BCSHR@hq.bcs.org.uk